The physical and emotional comfort of our patients and their families is one of our top priorities. We know the hospital experience can be stressful, and we’re committed to making your stay and visit as comfortable as possible.
The Patient and Family Experience Office provides services and amenities for our patients and their families. For more information about our services, please call us at (800) USC-CARE (800-872-2273) and ask to speak with the Patient Experience office.
Our services include the following:
- Skylight: Patient Interactive System- This is an entertainment system provided in our inpatient rooms that offers television, movies, request for services such as snacks or a room temperature change.
- Patient Advocacy- Assistance with any patient and family concerns.
- Concierge Services
- Volunteer Services
- Entertainment Library- use of iPads, Kindles and portable DVD players at no charge for patients, their families and guests.
- Welcome Rounds- each patient admitted to the nursing non-ICU units receives a welcome round from our team. We review services available to them during their stay and offer assistance to them throughout their stay.
- Patient and Family Resource Centers – rooms near the lobbies that provide quiet space and a computer and printer available for use
Keck Medicine of USC also offers additional services to our patients. Every member of our health care team, from our physicians, to our nurses, our administrators and volunteers, are experienced health care providers. We are here to provide you or your loved one with the highest quality comprehensive care available — both on an inpatient or outpatient basis.
You can find a list of some of our amenities for patients and visitors here.
Image Enhancement Center
Located on the first floor of the Norris Cancer Hospital, the Image Enhancement Center sells wigs, hats, scarves and more. Prosthesis fittings are also available by appointment. The center is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Contact the Image Enhancement Center at (323) 865-3158.
Loved ones can send postal mail directly to your room with your name and room number on the envelope. Mail is sent to your room as it is received. If you have outgoing mail, hospital staff will assist you in sending it out.
The hospital chaplain has a staff of various faiths. The chaplain is happy to visit with you, and can also be paged through the hospital operator at (323) 442-8488. Your own clergyperson is also welcome to visit with you at any time.
The Jennifer Diamond Cancer Resource Library
This is a state-of-the-art patient education and outreach facility with print and electronic cancer education and resource materials devoted to patients, their families and community members. The center also provides outreach activities and conducts informational programs on cancer prevention and treatment. It is located in the Harlyne J. Norris Cancer Research Tower on the basement level, suite 501, with entrances through the Hinderstein Garden and the elevator lobby. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.