The physical and emotional comfort of our patients and their families is one of our top priorities. We know the hospital experience can be stressful and we’re committed to making your stay and visit as comfortable as possible.
The Patient and Family Experience Office provides services and amenities for our patients and their families. For more information about our services, please call us at (800) USC-CARE (800-872-2273) and ask to speak with the Patient Experience office.
Our services include the following:
- Skylight: Patient Interactive System – This is an entertainment system provided in our inpatient rooms that offers television, movies, request for services such as snacks or a room temperature change.
- Patient Advocacy- Assistance with any patient and family concerns.
- Concierge Services
- Volunteer Services
- Entertainment Library – use of iPads, Kindles and portable DVD players at no charge for patients, their families and guests.
- Welcome Rounds- each patient admitted to the nursing non-ICU units receives a welcome round from our team. We review services available to them during their stay and offer assistance to them throughout their stay.
- Patient and Family Resource Centers – rooms near the lobbies that provide quiet space and a computer and printer available for use
Keck Medicine of USC also offers additional services to our patients. Every member of our health care team, from our physicians, to our nurses, our administrators and volunteers, are experienced health care providers. We are here to provide you or your loved one with the highest quality comprehensive care available — both on an inpatient or outpatient basis.
Image Enhancement Center
Located on the first floor of the Norris Cancer Hospital, the Image Enhancement Center sells wigs, hats, scarves and more. Prosthesis fittings are also available by appointment. The center is open Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Contact the Image Enhancement Center at (323) 865-3158.
Loved ones can send postal mail directly to your room with your name and room number on the envelope. Mail is sent to your room as it is received. If you have outgoing mail, hospital staff will assist you in sending it out.
The hospital chaplain has a staff of various faiths. The chaplain is happy to visit with you, and can also be paged through the hospital operator at (323) 442-8488. Your own clergy person is also welcome to visit with you at any time.
Visitor Information Patients have the right to designate visitors who shall receive the same visitation privileges as the patient’s immediate family members, regardless of whether the visitors are legally related to the patient.
What to Bring to the Hospital
Our Patient Belongings Guideline provides a list of the items/belongings you can and cannot bring with you during your stay at our hospital. Please review our guidelines prior to your arrival. For added convenience, our guideline is available in multiple languages.