About Keck Medicine of USC
Keck Medicine of USC is the University of Southern California’s medical enterprise, one of only two university-based medical systems in the Los Angeles area. Keck Medicine combines academic excellence, world-class research and state-of-the-art facilities to provide highly specialized care for some of the most acute patients in the country.
Our internationally renowned physicians and scientists provide world-class patient care at Keck Hospital of USC, USC Norris Cancer Hospital, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital, USC Arcadia Hospital and more than 100 unique clinics in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties.
Keck Medical Center of USC, which includes Keck Hospital and USC Norris Cancer Hospital, is among the top 50 hospitals in the country in 10 specialties, as well as the top three hospitals in metro Los Angeles and top 10 hospitals in California, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2023-24 Best Hospitals rankings.
Keck Hospital of USC
Keck Hospital of USC is our 401-bed acute care hospital. Our internationally renowned physicians care for patients at Keck Medicine’s affiliated hospitals and licensed clinics, as well as teach and conduct research at the Keck School of Medicine of USC.
USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center
USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, our 60-bed hospital, is one of the eight original comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute. The Center has been in the fight against cancer for more than 40 years, conducting research that is leading to new methods of cancer prevention, detection, and treatment.
Keck Medical Center of USC is among the top 50 hospitals in the country in 10 specialties, as well as the top 3 hospitals in metro Los Angeles and top 10 hospitals in California, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2023-24 Best Hospitals rankings.
Other 2023-24 highlights include:
- Our 2023-2024 rankings are higher than last year in four specialties, including Cancer.
- Keck Medical Center is now ranked in the top 50 in the nation in three new specialties — Obstetrics & Gynecology, Neurology & Neurosurgery and Rehabilitation.
- Our medical center rated High Performing (the highest rating possible) in 15 common procedures and conditions that were evaluated nationally, including heart bypass surgery, colon cancer surgery and hip and knee replacement.
- For the first time, U.S. News & World Report evaluated hospitals in Leukemia, Lymphoma & Myeloma and Keck Medical Center was rated High Performing.
- USC Norris Cancer Hospital was recognized as a Best Specialty Hospital for the first time.