Hospital Volunteer Program
Keck Hospital of USC and USC Norris Cancer Hospital rely on a devoted team of volunteers to work directly with patients and their families throughout their treatment and care journey. Our volunteers are ambassadors to the community, and they contribute to many areas of our operations, including helping visitors at our gift shops and information desks.
If you are looking for an opportunity to expand your professional experience and give back to your community, we invite you to become a Keck Medicine of USC volunteer.
Your commitment can make a difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
Participants interested in our volunteer program must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years old and have completed their COVID vaccination(s).
- Commit to a minimum of 100 hours, during a term of 6 months
- Must be able to commit to a regularly scheduled shift at least once a week, for a minimum of 4 hours
- Must adhere to our dress code policy — full-length black slacks/pants; uniform top, which will be provided at no cost; closed toe shoes; and no artificial nails (gel or acrylic) in roles with patient contact
- Must attend an all-day or virtual volunteer orientation
- Must adhere to all safety and hospital policies and procedures
If accepted as a volunteer, participants must also complete the following requirements:
- Volunteers who are 18 or older, must pass a background check
- Provide written documentation of a minimum of two (2) vaccinations for measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), if administered in childhood for individuals born after 1957; or one (1) MMR vaccination, if administered after the age of 17
- Volunteers must complete a two-step tuberculosis skin test screening. This screening process may require multiple visits to the Employee Health Services department. Individuals who test positive must provide a written report of chest X-ray results taken within the previous 12 months
Detailed information about volunteer requirements is also provided at our orientation sessions.
Thank you for considering volunteering your time at Keck Hospital and USC Norris Cancer Hospital.
Due to COVID safety concerns, volunteers are limited to the following areas/departments:
– Concierge (Keck Hospital)
– Concierge (Norris Hospital)
– Screener/Visitor Greeting Station (Keck Hospital and Outpatient Clinics)
– Screener/Visitor Greeting Station (Norris Hospital)
– Day Hospital (Norris Hospital)
– PACU (Norris Hospital)
– Patient Experience Office (Keck Hospital)
– Admitting Department (Keck Hospital)
– Nursing Administration (Keck Hospital)
– Admitting Station (Pasadena Clinic)
– Infusion Center (Pasadena Clinic)
For more information on our volunteer program, please click here to download an application. Completed applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your application has been reviewed, we will reach out and notify you about next steps. When submitting applications, please include the orientation session you’d like to attend as well as the area/department you’d like to be placed in from the list provided.
Our upcoming orientation sessions are listed below:
- Monday, Dec. 13, 2021
- Monday, Feb. 21, 2022
*All orientations will be held virtually, 9:30-11:30 a.m., via Zoom (link will be provided a week before orientation to those who apply).