Keck Medicine of USC Administrative Fellowship
The one-year Administrative Fellowship at Keck Medicine of USC is a collaborative and demanding leadership program designed to provide a unique career development opportunity. Sponsored by the Chief Executive Officer of Keck Hospital of USC, the program provides fellows with hands-on experience in operations, strategy, ambulatory services, finance, marketing, human resources, information technology, and other areas across the healthcare system through a series of four unique rotations. In addition to work assigned in rotations, the fellow and program preceptors identify additional projects that will provide opportunities for leadership and professional growth.
Project work is determined mutually by the fellow, program preceptors, and managers involved in each project. Projects are selected based on the fellow’s personal and career interests as well as the needs of the organization. Project length may vary by location depending on the project identified and the needs of each area. Potential project areas include, but are not limited to:
- Hospital Operations
- Ambulatory Care Operations
- Value Improvement
- Patient Experience
- Service Line Administration
- Nursing Administration
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain & Materials Management
Apply via NAFCAS no later than Monday, October 1, 2018:
- Statement of Purpose
- Sealed, Official transcript from graduate institution
- Three letters of recommendation, including at least one letter from a faculty member of the candidate’s graduate program
Keck Medicine of USC is a member of the National Council on Administrative Fellowships (NCAF), a collaboration of leading administrative fellowship sites and graduate health management programs, to improve the application process and fellowship experience.
- October 1, 2018 – Application Deadline
- Mid-October to Early November – Interview Process
- November 12, 2018 Final decision/offers extended
Candidate Profile: The ideal candidate is energetic, collaborative and self-motivated. A team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytic skills and proven academic success. Committed to USC core values: caring and respect for one another; diversity; team spirit; commitments to service and ethical conduct.
- Keck Hospital of USC – 401 – Licensed bed teaching hospital
- USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center and Hospital – 1 of 8 original NCI comprehensive cancer centers
- USC Verdugo Hills Hospital – 158 – Licensed bed community hospital
- USC Care Medical Group – More than 40 outpatient facilities in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties
The University of Southern California is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles—a global center for arts, technology and international business. It is home to the Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences and 21 exceptional academic schools and units. USC’s Health Science Campus houses renowned biomedical research and care in cancer, stem cell and regenerative medicine along with high-acuity surgical specialties.