Get Neck and Back Pain Relief with Physical Therapy
Physical therapy is a form of non-surgical management that can help treat pain and teach you how to improve and maintain spine health to avoid reinjury. Our spine physical therapists specialize in helping people with neck pain, lower back pain and other spinal conditions. Our physical therapists provide a treatment plan created just for you. This includes personal guidance and a home exercise program, as well as information to help you move optimally in order to prevent neck and back injuries from reoccurring. Our physical therapists help you move with less pain and with greater strength, flexibility, balance and coordination. Whether you need physical therapy for neck or lower back pain or you’re recovering from spine surgery, you can count on our spine specialists to help.
We offer many approaches to help you live with less neck and back pain, whether it is non-operative, preoperative or postoperative. Your treatment may include one or more spine physical therapy methods, such as:
- A personalized exercise program
- Coaching to improve how you move, such as balance and gait training, as well as education and techniques on how to avoid reinjury
- Manual therapies (hands-on techniques) to improve pain and mobility of your muscles and joints
- Guidance for using adaptive equipment
- Posture instruction for various positions, including sitting at your desk or sleep position
- Healing modalities, such as ice, heat, ultrasound, electrical stimulation and traction
How Physical Therapy Helps Neck and Back Pain
Advanced Physical Therapy Expertise
You get individual attention and care utilizing a team approach to help you move without pain, including physiatrists, physical therapists and surgeons.
We show you how to move in ways that protect your neck and back and prevent injuries.
Our skilled physical therapists are doctors of physical therapy (DPT) and have advanced residency and fellowship training in neurological and orthopedic spine conditions.
As an academic health center, we’re at the forefront of the latest advancements in spine physical therapy — you benefit from leading-edge treatments.