One Call Transfer Center
Your one-call transfer resource to the Keck Medical Center of USC. The Keck Medical Center of USC Transfer Center is designed for immediate, multi-faceted care, with a concentration of specialists across multiple areas of expertise ready to assist you and your patients when needed.
Immediate Access to a Specialty Physician
When a transfer needs to be made, we understand that you are usually dealing with a very difficult case. You need to be reassured that your patient will receive expert care, immediately. That’s where we come in. With one phone call, the Keck Medical Center of USC Transfer Center will provide you with direct access to an attending USC specialist and quick acceptance.
- Referring physician or hospital case manager calls 1-855-USC-BEDS.
- Call is answered “live” by qualified nurse intake specialist.
- The nurse specialist works with the referring physician [or referrer] to determine the appropriate USC surgeon or specialist.
- An attending USC specialist is immediately contacted.
- A 3-way call then takes place among the referrer, selected attending
USC specialist, and nurse intake specialist to address all immediate
patient care needs.
- Real-time decision-making leads to expedited clinical acceptance.
- Nurse specialist and local case manager process transfer and transport
needs, such as the Rapid Transfer Service (ambulance service).
- Patient is transferred, and it all happens in “one call.”
USC One Call can connect you directly to specialists in complex cases involving:
- Airway Emergencies
- Aortic Aneurysms & Dissections
- Bile Duct Injuries
- Complex Arrhythmias
- Critical Limb Ischemia/Traumatic Limb Reattachment
- Esophageal Emergencies/Perforations/Cancers
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Heart Failure/Left Ventricular Assist
- Hematologic Malignancies & Acute Leukemia
- Hip/Pelvic/Extremity/Bone Fractures & Tumors
- Infected Joints & Grafts
- Microsurgery & Replantation of Limb and Digits
- Neurological Emergencies
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pancreatic Tumors/Acute/Chronic Pancreatitis
- Pelvic Pain/Tumors/Ovarian Cancer
- Reconstruction of Hand/Upper Extremities/Joints
- Seizure Disorders/Status Epilepticus
- Spinal Tumors/Spinal Compression Injuries
- Stroke: Acute Ischemic & Hemorrhagic
- Transfusion-Free: All Specialties
- Urgent Urological Conditions: Obstructive Stones (Renal, Ureteral)/Gross Hematuria
- Valvular Disease & Aortic Stenosis
Unmatched Follow-up and Follow-through
The persistence and attention to detail that you and your patients will receive from our staff is unique to the Keck Medical Center of USC. It’s part of being a Trojan. Our nurse intake and attending specialists will keep you informed of your patient’s status throughout the transfer process. We are available 24/7 to answer questions regarding the care of your patient.
Rapid Transfer Service
If needed, the Keck Medical Center of USC Transfer Center can coordinate the transport of your patient through our Rapid Transfer Service. The appropriate level of transportation is determined after consultation among the transferring and accepting physicians and our highly trained transfer team.