The USC Sleep Disorders Center offers a comprehensive outpatient and inpatient sleep disorders evaluation. Individuals with sleep irregularities manifested by excessive daytime sleepiness, excessive snoring, witnessed apneas, morning headaches, insomnia and/or abnormal nocturnal movements or behaviors would benefit from a comprehensive sleep evaluation. Staffed by board-certified sleep specialists and registered polysomnograph technologists, patients will experience a high-quality evaluation for their sleep disorder with testing at a brand-new four-bed sleep laboratory. Our sleep specialists conduct studies and provide treatments for numerous disorders:
- Obstructive and central sleep apnea
- Intolerance of treatments for sleep apnea, including CPAP therapy
- Insomnia: acute and chronic
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Circadian sleep rhythm disorders
- Irregular sleep wake pattern
- Periodic leg movement disorder
- Restless leg syndrome
- Parasomnias: sleepwalking, sleep eating, sleep paralysis
- REM behavior disorder
- Sleep bruxism
- Pulmonary hypertension and sleep apnea
- Heart failure, cardiac arrhythmias and sleep apnea
The USC Sleep Disorders Center is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM). Program accreditation is given to centers that meet or exceed all standards for professional health care as designated by the AASM. These standards address core areas such as personnel, facility and equipment, policies and procedures, data acquisition, patient care and quality assurance.
For information about the Sleep Medicine Fellowship program, visit the Department of Medicine at the Keck School of Medicine of USC here.