Keck Medicine of USC is the University of Southern California’s medical enterprise, one of only two university-based medical systems in the Los Angeles area. Encompassing academic, research and clinical excellence, the medical system consists of:
- Keck School of Medicine of USC, the region’s first medical school
- USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of the first comprehensive cancer centers established by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the United States
- USC Care Medical Group, a medical faculty practice
- Keck Medical Center of USC, which includes two acute care hospitals:
- 401-licensed bed Keck Hospital of USC
- 60-licensed bed USC Norris Cancer Hospital
- USC Verdugo Hills Hospital, a 158-licensed bed community hospital
- More than 40 outpatient facilities, some at affiliated hospitals, in Los Angeles, Orange, Kern, Tulare and Ventura counties
Our world-class medical facilities are staffed by nearly 600 physicians who are faculty at the renowned Keck School of Medicine of USC. They are not only clinicians, but cutting-edge researchers, leading professors and active contributors to national and international professional medical societies and associations.
Mission and Values
Keck Medical Center of USC Mission
We are the Keck Medical Center of USC.
We strive to be the trusted leader in quality health care that is personalized, compassionate and innovative.
We stand for empowerment, integrity, respect, collegiality and vitality.
We commit to authenticity.
We commit to excellence in clinical care, teaching and research.
You can count on us to be fully present in the delivery of uncompromising health care.
Keck Medical Center of USC Values
- We deliver quality health care through uncompromised service excellence.
- We show compassion while building positive relationships with my colleagues, our patients and their families.
- We contribute to innovation through collegial collaboration.
- We are empowered to improve the performance of the organization.
- We have integrity and are accountable to the highest professional standards.
- We demonstrate respect for our environment by our demeanor, actions, and personal appearance.
- We demonstrate vitality by being fully present and engaging others.
- We are responsible for authentic communication with our colleagues, our patients and their families.
- We provide a private, safe and secure environment.
- We commit to personalizing the “KNOWN” Service Standards™ –
- Kind greeting
- Notice needs
- Own it
- Wow them
- Next steps
USC Verdugo Hills Hospital Mission
To provide personalized, high-quality health care relevant to our patient community.
Keck Medicine of USC Leadership
Thomas E. Jackiewicz – Senior Vice President and Chief Executive Officer, USC Health
Scott Evans – Chief Executive Officer, Keck Hospital of USC and USC Norris Cancer Hospital
Debbie Walsh – Chief Executive Officer, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital
John K. Niparko, MD – President, USC Care Medical Group; Professor and Chair, Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, Keck School of Medicine of USC
Stacy Rummel Bratcher – Associate General Counsel, USC Health Sciences
Tammy Capretta – Chief Administrative Integration and Risk Officer, Keck Medicine of USC
Paul Craig – Chief Administrative Officer, USC Health
Deborah S. Fullerton – Associate Vice President, USC Health Sciences Public Relations and Marketing; Senior Associate Dean, Keck School of Medicine of USC
Joshua Lee, MD – Chief Information Officer, Keck Medicine of USC
Matthew McElrath – Chief Human Resources Officer, Keck Medicine of USC
Shawn Sheffield – Chief Strategy and System Development Officer, Keck Medicine of USC
Keck Hospital of USC and USC Norris Cancer Hospital Governing Board
Chair: C. L. Max Nikias, President, University of Southern California
Vice Chair: Thomas E. Jackiewicz, Chief Executive Officer for USC Health
Secretary: Carol Mauch Amir, General Counsel, USC
Carol Mauch Amir
Mark Cunningham, MD
Michael E. Gallagher
Inderbir Gill, MD
Stephen Gruber, MD
Stephanie L. Hall, MD
Philip Lumb, MD
Laila I. Muderspach, MD
Vaughn Starnes, MD
Annette Sy, RN, MSN
USC Care Medical Group Leadership
John Niparko, MD, President
Dana Habers, Chief Operating Officer
Melody Tuw, Controller
Keck Hospital of USC and USC Norris Cancer Hospital Leadership
Scott Evans, Chief Executive Officer
Tarek Salaway, Chief Operating Officer
Robert Allen, Chief Financial Officer
Annette Sy, RN, MSN, Chief Nursing Officer
John Ferrelli, Chief Administrative Officer, USC Norris Cancer Hospital
Stephen Gruber, MD, Director, USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center
Stephanie Hall, MD, MHA, Chief Medical Officer
Michael Campbell, Executive Administrator, Perioperative Services
Karen Chapman, Executive Administrator, Environment of Care
Laurie Johnson, Executive Administrator, Ambulatory Services
Sanjit Mahanti, Executive Administrator, Hospital Performance
USC Verdugo Hills Hospital Governing Board
Chair: Thomas E. Jackiewicz, Chief Executive Officer for USC Health
Vice Chair: Debbie Walsh, Chief Executive Officer, USC Verdugo Hills Hospital
Secretary: Stacy Bratcher, Associate General Counsel, USC Health Sciences
Robert E. Develle, Jr.
Steve Giannotta, MD
Steven L. Hartford, MD, PhD
Donald W. Larsen, MD, MBA
USC Verdugo Hills Hospital Leadership
Debbie L. Walsh, Chief Executive Officer
Paul Czajka, Chief Operating Officer
Donald Larsen, MD, Chief Medical Officer
Janet Brooks, Chief Nursing Officer
Patrick Lash, Interim Chief Financial Officer
To learn about the Keck School of Medicine of USC and its leadership team, click here.
Last modified: July 1, 2014